“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions…” –1 Tim 2:1-2a
"In advocating for religious freedom and the gospel, we must not merely be people who act, but even more importantly, people who pray." –Martyn Iles
Here are some specific prayer requests...
- Walk for Life (SA): Pray that thousands of Christians and pro-life advocates will attend the Walk for Life in Adelaide on Sat. 11 Feb. Pray that politicians, the media, and community members will take notice and be challenged about their own views on abortion.
- NSW State Election, 25 March: Pray for MPs and candidates to share clear, detailed information about their policies and values, so voters can be fully informed and vote wisely.
- Threat to Christian schools (WA/Qld/Nationwide): There are legislation changes proposed in WA and Qld that could mean serious problems for Christian schools - and there are ALRC recommendations that could effectively end Christian schooling nationwide. Pray for the protection of our schools, and that they will be able to hire Christian staff and operate according to their beliefs.
- Conversion Suppression laws (TAS, WA): The Tasmanian Law Reform Commission has recommended draconian Conversion Suppression laws, and the Premier has expressed his support. The McGowan government has also announced that conversion laws will be introduced to WA. Pray these proposals will be strongly rejected.
- Removing the Lord's Prayer from Parliament (VIC): Fiona Patten is pushing for the Lord's Prayer to be scrapped from Parliament, and the Andrews Government made an election promise to workshop "a replacement." Pray that prayer will continue in this important institution!
- Drag Queen Storytime (TAS): The Launceston Library is planning a Drag Queen Storytime for 2-5 year olds on Wed. 15 Feb. Pray that the library and politicians will be inundated with community members objecting to this, and that the event will be cancelled.
- Born Alive Bill (Federal): Senators Canavan, Antic and Babet have proposed a NEW Born Alive Bill to provide pain relief and life-saving care to babies born alive in abortions. Pray it will pass!
- Euthanasia (NT/ACT): The territories are now able to debate the introduction of euthanasia if they choose, and a bill is likely to be tabled in the ACT. Thankfully there is more reluctance in the NT. Pray that assisted suicide will not spread to the territories.
- Changes to Discrimination Act (ACT): Proposed changes to the Discrimination Act which would have a significant impact on churches and enable Government overreach into the life of the church. Pray these changes will not be passed.
- Changing gendered language (ACT): A bill has been tabled to remove gendered language from all legislation. Pray that this will not be supported.
- Free abortions (ACT): The ACT Government has announced it will provide free abortions from 2023. There are also calls for tax-payers to fund abortions nationwide, and for nurses to be allowed to give out abortion pills. Pray that abortion will not be increased in Australia.
- Gender clinics (Nationwide): Pray that the Government will conduct an unbiased, independent inquiry into how to best treat children with gender dysphoria, and for the 'affirmation model of therapy' to be banned.
- Parental Rights Bill (NSW): Pray that the bill will be able to move forward to protect parental rights in law.
- Decriminalising Prostitution (SA): This legislation is on the agenda in SA. Pray that the government will adopt the Equality Model of prostitution law reform - which has much better outcomes for vulnerable women.
- Anti-Vilification Bill (Vic): The government supports most of the recommendations we were concerned about, which will restrict free speech. It will take a while to be drafted into a bill. In the meantime, keep praying that freedom of speech will be protected.
- Human Rights Law Alliance: Pray for HRLA lawyers to have wisdom and favour as they defend Christians who are facing discrimination for their faith. Pray that God will draw many more Christian lawyers to join their alliance.
- Ukraine: Pray for peace. Pray for protection for Ukrainians who are fighting, and for provision and safety for those who are displaced. Pray that Russia will be thwarted in their efforts to take over the country.
- Afghanistan: Continue to pray for hope, stability and safety for Afghans - especially Christians. Afghanistan has now overtaken North Korea as the world's worst persecutor of Christians.
- Churches: Pray for Australian churches to grow in size, spiritual maturity, and effectiveness in discipling believers. Pray that many more Australians will turn to Christ and find a church home to belong to.
Have you got our latest Prayer Guide?